Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cereal Prawn

YES!! YES!!
Dear and I love to eat Cereal Prawn!!
I didn't know that it was sooooooo EASY to cook until mum taught me few yrs back..
And MY GOODNESS!!
I cant believe that such a simple dish is soooo expensive when we have it @ Restaurant or even @ those ' Zi Char '..
Yuppie!! Its freaking easy with the help of the Instant Cereal Prawn Mix!!
And within less than 10mins..
Your "Special Homemade Cereal Prawn" will be ready to serve!!

Hmm.....
I seldom cook this dish..
Alrite, shall put it this way..
Its my fav but I will ONLY cook it once a year..
Which is on Dear's bday!!
BUT!!!
Guess What??!!
I've cooked it thrice this year!!
On Dear's birthday, Family Gathering and TODAY!!

Why today??
Special occasion..??
Nah, nononono...
Cos this entry is specially dedicated to Qiqi and Cendrine ...

Let me present you the 主角。。。




Process of deveining and cleaning the prawn


Mum bought the normal type of prawn la!!
Should buy the bigger one..
Erm, wats the name?
Think its called 老虎虾 if i'm not wrong..
Will taste better with those prawn!!

AND now...
Here's the ingredients needed....


Planta Butter & Curry Leaves


Chilli Padi


AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..
The Cereal from Hong Lai
Hmm..
I've tried other brand before but this is the BEST!!


You will be able to find the printed recipe at the back of the packaging..

Anyway, here's wat i normally do..

(1) As mentioned, devein and clean the prawn.

(2) Deep fry the prawn in the Deep Fryer till cooked.

(3) Set the wok over low heat. Add in the Planta butter and heat till melt (1 tablespoon for 400g of prawn & not more than 2 tbsp for 1kg of prawn)

(4) Add in the curry leaves and chilli padi, stir fry till fragrant. ( Till the curry leaves are crispy)

(5) Off the flame. Add in the fried prawn and cereal, stir-fry well.

(6) Now... Its ready to be served!!! =)

TaaaaaaaaaaDaaaaaaaaaa.............


~ My Homemade Cereal Prawn ~

Alright, I know it DOESN'T LOOK NICE & YUMMY..
Cos Mummy bought only 1 packet of cereal la!!
AND WITH 1KG OF PRAWN, U NEED 2 PACKETS!!
tats why insufficient cereal..!!
AND I ADDED TOO MUCH BUTTER THIS TIME...
tats why the cereal was not crispy enough!!

So always remember......

** U'll need 2 packets of Instant Cereal Mix if u're cooking more than 750g of prawn!!!

** NEVER add too much butter!!!

Alright, thats all for today..
Gonna sleep soon!!
Goodnight folks!!

Happy Cooking!! =)

5 Comments:

Blogger J@n!ce said...

Jen, I agree that it so much cheaper to cook that dish at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

Janice Ng

9:04 AM  
Blogger WaterLearner said...

Don't be too critical on yourself la.

5:40 PM  
Blogger MakeTraffic said...

Hi Jen,

You inspired this poem:

Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Who said it is not nice and Yummy! It looked very nice and very yummy. Now you make me hungry...(searching for my maggi mee)

ok,ok i am not poet material, LOL
But at least it rhymes

Cheers!

MakeTraffic - for more Web Traffic and friends

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, like that you also can come up with a poem ah.. interesting..
I shall response with such then..
... ...
Jen's cooking is indeed yummy,
to make all readers feel hungry.
Bloggers blog 'bout anything,
Jen's blog seems most interesting.
For she jots her daily happenings,
keeping track of simply everything.
Kunniqinwa at blogspot,
simply your hotspot~!
... ...
haha.. Cheers~!

3:31 PM  
Blogger MakeTraffic said...

Hi Kun, Hahaha...oops...(you made me laugh off my chair...)
Like dat also can...anyway, nice to know you.

Jen, your boyfriend is very funny!

Cheers!
MakeTraffic - for more Web Traffic and friends

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home