Friday, September 26, 2008

FRIENDS...

Dear and I have been discussing the issue on FRIENDSHIP recently..
Which is why it prompted me to start this entry..

I dunno how u will define friends and friendship..
But for me.. "Friendship is a lifelong relationship.."
No matter how busy our schedules are etc..
I am not referring to those "Hi - Bye" friends but those who has accompanied me through my ups and downs in life..

Frankly speaking, I dun have many friends..
Ya, I know thats bad...
I miss the time when we chatted on the phone for hours..
I miss the time when we stayed over at each other's house..
I miss the time when we gossiped and shopped..
I miss the time when we cry, comfort and encouraged each other..
I miss the time when we shared our problems - be it personal, home or work..
Anyway, I do hope you are doing well in your life..


Dear was sharing with me his point of view and problems..

And sometimes we argue because of his friends as well..

Haiz.. Haiz.. Haiz..

It feels kinda sad and disappointing when you treat someone as your friend but only to realize that the person don't even spare a thought for you, don't even treat you as one.. How sad right..?? But thats how I felt after Dear shared his problems with me..

When his friends asked him for help, he will do his best to help them and put his personal issues on hold just to help these friends out.. Many a times, he insisted to help these friends when I tried to stop him because there are other priorities out there, but he would rather ignore me and choose to help out the friend or his so-called brothers. BUT do they ever know how to appreciate or return his favor? NO THEY DON'T! Dear will not urge them to return and he never really does.. I always tells him to approach the friends who owe him the favor when he himself needed help but he always says no. He always does not wish to force them, I dunno why. He rather die and suffer than chase after these friends he called. BUT don't they feel bad or have sense of initiative? Its only recently when Dear really hit a bad patch and needed help and brought up the issue to them, but guess what. They by all means dragged and came up with all sort of excuses.. Dear is finally sick of all these.. He finally realized whose fault it is.. No, not his friends.. Its himself he felt.. All these years, its only he himself treating these people as friends, and the treatment is not reciprocated at all.

Goodness!! Is that what friends are for? Just imagine Dear will do his best to help them overcome their crisis but when he needed back "their help", they come up with all sort of excuses or stories and act blur!! Ha! Ha! Sometimes their excuses don't even tally with their actions!

Imagine they come up with pitiful excuses and stories saying "Bro, sorry I really don't have..." yet they can continue THEIR luxury night life and buy car etc.. Ha! Ha! Don't you think they are great actors? Please la! Can't afford luxury night life and car then don't! Stop putting on an act in front of us.. Please clear your debt..

Although Dear said he is very disappointed and upset, he is already prepared to forget about the favors now. It shall be an expensive lesson in life he said.

But having said all these, Dear is still very very grateful that he indeed still have some other really real friends. To these friends, he felt really lucky and fortunate.

Now, how many of you have friends? And are these friends really friends? After the discussion with Dear, the word "friends" seems suddenly such a difficu
lt word to learn and understand.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home