Saturday, September 27, 2008

Poem for a friend

A SHADOW A FRIEND

Day in day out,
Year in year out,
Time just fly…

As some time come by,
Some time went by,
You can’t stop time,
Not you,
Not me,
Not even Omega -the official Olympic timekeeper

Stop time we can’t,
Capture moments of it we try,
Happy or sad we accept,
For that’s what is called Life…

Earthlings we were born,
Together as Students we became,
Strangers we met,
Acquaintances or Friends was a choice,
Wonderful choice we made,
For its Friends we chose,
Even Brothers some proclaimed…

Its been many years we’ve walked,
Donkey years some felt they were,
So fast another year has gone some said,
Slow or fast,
Good or bad,
We shouldn’t really care,
For what’s past has past…

Look ahead my Friend,
Do you see that shadow where you stand,
I’m not the light above your head you can’t reach,
I chose to be your shadow,
A part of you wherever you go…

You won’t need me where there’s light you go,
I’m just following you on my own accord,
But when darkness falls as you walk,
As I feel your fear growing,
I will grow bigger than your fear,
In sudden darkness you’ll realize,
Don’t be afraid my friend,
That’s because I’ve had you within me,
Embracing you,
Protecting you from your fears…

Friend is a multi-tasking lifelong career,
When you notice a shadow next time,
Be glad,
You know you have a friend somewhere,
Be generous,
You need also to be a shadow to someone,
Lets begin shadowing one another,
My Friends…

-JK Antz


Dear actually spent one whole day composing this poem a few weeks ago and had also intended for it to be part of the introduction for the event he tried to organize - the Friendship Bowling Tournament. But while still preparing the rest of the presentation slides, he suddenly decided to remove the poem. Recently, he even came up with version 2 of the poem. Read like this :


SHADOW WITHOUT A SOUL

Night in night out,
Year in year out,
Time really flies...

While some time goes by,
I start to ponder bout life,
I can't reverse time,
Not you,
Not me,
Unless the presence of a Time Machine...

Change the past we can't,
Decide the future we can,
Carry on the journey or to make the turn,
Life is filled with such decisions...

Humans we started to exist,
Students we were sent to become,
Strangers when we first met,
One step towards each other we made,
And thats how we became Friends,
More steps some made,
And Brotherhood was attained...

So many years we've come,
Some really wonderful,
Some were not too smooth,
Good or bad,
Rain or shine,
Its all over I can say,
Everything is over...

Look carefully my friend,
I'm sure you see that shadow you're stepping on,
I had long chosen to be that shadow,
Followed you wherever you go,
Just that you didn't realize my existence...

You didn't need me when all is bright,
My existence is just a convenience,
Darkness went to you indeed,
You searched for the light but failed,
The shadow you suddenly recalled,
You start to understand this,
The shadow's still with you despite the darkness,
Assurance you've found,
Slowly and slowly,
You found your way to light again...

Standing in the light,
You seems to always look high,
Stepping on your shadow,
You seems to neglect it once again,
Time and time,
Over and over,
Making use of it,
Until finally its all over,
The shadow becomes just a shadow,
Without a soul...

-JK Antz


Do you sense the disappointment there?

Life is short, treasure the friends around you..


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home